Sunday, June 18, 2017

Dalley's Dialogue - Heart Surgery and Father's Day


Dalley here. Checking in for the weekend.

I just got back from the hospital yesterday. 

They had to take me back on Friday to have surgery on my heart to close my PDA. 

I have known this day was coming for quite some time now...... And I have been dreading it......

I was shaking in my socks.


I tried to lay very still......to remain unseen.


I thought.... if I can't see them, then they can't see me!


But eventually..... I had to face my problems head on. And to the hospital we went!

My Aunt Emmy got to come with us to help mom carry all of my stuff. 


I'm what they call a "Diva" and have a hundred bags everywhere we go. 

Mom... The Bag Lady. 
Despite bringing all of my own cute clothes to the hospital.... THIS monstrosity is what they put me in. 

Can you believe this?!?!

(This may be the "Diva" coming out in me as well....)


This hospital gown was a dingey green gown. But..the upside was it had rocket ships on it. ROCKET SHIPS!..... COOL!

"To Infinity And Beyond!"....


I think I'm going to coin that phrase... Don't anybody think about stealing it. 

You heard it here first folks......

ANYWAY......

The surgery went pretty well. They put a device in my heart to close the PDA and I only had to spend one night in the hospital. 

Believe it or not.... Mom and Dad shared that tiny little couch/bed.


We were able to come home on Saturday night so we actually got to spend Father's Day in our home! Not in the hospital!

I like Father's Day... Because I REALLY like my dad.

This is a picture of the first time he got to hold me. 


I sure have grown since then!


 One of the best parts about being home is that I get to see him every day... instead of just through facetime and on Friday nights.


We get to snuggle EVERY.....


SINGLE.....


NIGHT!!!!


So happy Fathers Day to my awesome Dad!


Happy Father's Day to the guy that tells me I can be anything I want to be...


The guy that teaches me to be brave... and to be strong... 


And tells me to be kind.


And dances with me to my favorite songs.


And reads my favorite princess books to me...


And drove to see me when I was in the hospital.... even though he was already tired from not getting any sleep.


Happy Father's Day to the guy that calms me down when I am sad and scared.


And helps give me baths.


And sings Chris LeDoux songs to me.


And holds my hand through some of life's scariest moments.


And even though you take FOREVER to put my clothes on me...


And give me kisses with those sharp things on your face....


And sometimes make me watch really boring movies....


You are still my favorite person to explore the world with....


and snuggle with..


And hangout with.


OH!.... And I'm sorry about the time I threw up on you....




Okay.....OKAY... MAAAAYBE it was more than once...


But I can't guarantee that will be the last time either....so prepare yourself.


I love you Dad!

Thanks for loving me. through all of life's hills and valleys. 



Good night world....

I think I'll go to bed now...


Time for some more "Diva" beauty sleep.















6 comments:

  1. So sweet.. Happy Father's Day Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious. We are so happy for your sweet little family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dalley, you and your mother write so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bag lady...hahaha I love it! I'm so happy she's home with her Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to be the best FATHERS DAY gift to have your baby girl home with her Daddy! So grateful the surgery went well. We love the pictures and captions. Thanks for sharing ! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete