Monday, July 24, 2017

Dalley's Dialogue: Ground Hog's Day?

Fun Fact:

My name is Dalley Raye Garfield

This is a Dally. This is where my first name comes from.


But if you've ever wondered where my middle name came from.... wonder no more!

I was named after some of the best... and brightest... and brilliant ladies on the planet.
My Mom's sisters.

And I have each one of them wrapped around my tiny.... extra long finger-nailed fingers.... 
(Mom's afraid of the nail clippers) *Insert shoulder shrug*


R for Aunt Rachelle
AY for Aunt Shay
E for Aunt Emilee

They are always calling me Dallicious....

Can you blame them?


And by "they"... I mean... mostly me. But I'm expecting the nickname to catch on any day now....


To the hundreds..... nay THOUSANDS..... (maybe closer to 37).... of people that have been waiting for an update.... HERE I AM!

The truth is....... my days feel a bit like ground hogs day. Not much changes.

Here's a run down of my "exciting" days:

I usually sleep until about 11:00 AM. Mom does not hate this.


I only wake up during the night when I need to throw up.


Orrrrr... when I go to the bathroom. 

Eating during the night is easy.... 

It's about the only perk to having my ganster-tube. I don't have to wake up to eat like other babies. Mom just dumps the milk in the bag and turns on the pump. If she times it just right... I don't even wake up!



Once I'm awake, Mom takes me out to the living room. The living room sometimes feels like confinement. Because I'm hooked up to the oxygen concentrator, my feeding tube, and the pulse-ox machine, it's really hard to take me anywhere.

So, the living room is where we live.

I work out a lot. 

I'm training for the 2020 Olympic games in Japan.
I am thinking about competing in the Still Rings event.


I also spend my days trying to get rid of these stupid tubes taped to my face. I HATE these tubes.

Sometimes the battle between the tubes and I results in blood shed.



This requires mom to get creative with keeping the tubes stuck to my face. For some reason... she never chooses my side.




 Between training for the olympics, fighting with my tubes.... the rest of my days are usually filled with playing with my toys...


And snuggles with Mom and Dad.

Me and Mom.....matchy matchy!!
But sometimes Dad tries to make me study with him.....

But... I'm usually like....

"NOOOO....This is BOOOORING!"

Despite most of my days feeling the same, there have been a few things happen to break up the repetition.

Like doctors appointments.... which I hate.


Trying to learn to eat by mouth.... which is really hard.


First Holidays... which I love!


My first time shopping trip to target... which was........interesting. 



First time going to a friends house.... which was a party!

..... a DIAPER CHANGING PARTY AT BRECKLYN'S!....




First time petting a puppy.... which only would have been better had this been my pony.... but whatever.



And finally... getting to meet more cousins for the first time... which I also loved!





Two cousins that I simultaneous TOOK DOWN in an arm wrestling contest... I might add.


Is arm wrestling an olympic event?....

Because it should be! I think I'll enter that event as well..


Tokyo 2020 here I come!


I also had my 7 month birthday. So.... to keep the tradition going.......

I present to you......

5 days old

1 Month Old

2 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months Old

5 Months Old

6 Months Old
7 Months Old. 10 LB 8 OZ. 21 inches long.

In 3 weeks, Dad has a long break from school and we get to go to Idaho for 3 whole weeks!!! I am excited.... but not nearly as excited as Mom and Dad seem to be. 

They act like they're all busy and stressed out.... pssshhhh.

What a bunch of whiners.


Until next time......
This is Dallicious..... signing out.



10 comments:

  1. Love seeing and hearing from you Dallicious !!!!! You are such a sweet girl, I am so happy to see you continue to grow and change! I'm also glad you're keeping your mom and dad in line. So exciting to get to come to Idaho for three long weeks won't that be fun! Hope to see you around!!!! Keep your parents inline and make sure they help you pet a pony while your in Idaho, I know they know where some are!!!! Many prayers and hugs that you continue to have amazing days even if they feel like ground hogs days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!Thanks for the update! I feel like she needs her own theme song, especially with a cool nickname like
    Dallicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear that each day feels like Groundhog's Day because Dalley, Mom and Dad could sure use lots and lots of nothing special days after the rough start she's had!! She is getting so big!! Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just beautiful!! I hope I get to see her while you are here for 3 weeks!!! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a sweetie. Love hearing how things are going. Still keeping you three in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's ridiculously adorable and scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love her BIG smile in the last pic. I'm jealous of your Idaho trip. You are stinkin cute Dallicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you Dalley. I love your pictures and updates ��

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dallicious!!! Yay for a break in school, enjoy your trip and family time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! This sweet girl has my heart! Lacey, tell Dallicious to drag you guys down here to Houston for the Houston Rodeo in March. You can stay with us and have a blast seeing all the horses in action, check out the auctions, and even catch a concert! :D

    ReplyDelete